MICROGLAS® GLASFLAKE® comes in scale-like glass flakes, each flake ranging from 10 to 4000μm (4 mm) in diameter with 2 or 5μm mean thickness. Utilizing its own proprietary technology, NSG Group is the only manufacturer of glass flakes in Japan.
Two types of glass are used for GLASFLAKE®, namely, C glass and E glass. C glass contains alkali components and has high acid resistance. E glass contains almost no alkali and so, it has high stability in resin and no electrical conductivity. For each type, NSG Group also offers surface treatment to improve compatibility with resins.
FLEKA® is granulated GLASFLAKE® with E glass, achieving excellent processing and reinforcement when mixed into resins. A finer version, FINEFLAKE®, is also available with an average thickness of 0.4 to 1 μm, which is suitable for fine and thin molded plastic products.
Appearance of GLASFLAKE® Magnified surface of GLASFLAKE®
GLASFLAKE® is widely used in industrial fields. Flakes with C glass composition are used for coating and lining as anti-corrosion materials. Flakes with E glass composition are very effective in preventing warpage and improving dimensional accuracy in precision parts made of thermoplastic resin.
- Low warpage, dimensional stability by GLASFLAKE® (thermoplastic resin, electric component housings, automotive parts)
Molded plastic products
Low warpage, dimensionally stable glass flakes can be selected according to the requirement for molded plastic products.
FLEKA® (granulated glass flake)
FLEKA® is granulated glass flakes with E glass, having better compatibility with resins and excellent processability due to smooth feeding and less dust.
FINEFLAKE® glass flakes are suitable for fine and thin molded products with an average thickness of 0.4 to 1 μm. Please contact us for details of glass composition, particle size, etc., to find the best glass flakes for your application.
Various types of anti-corrosion lining and painting
Cross-sectional photo of the flake lining layer
GLASFLAKE® for anticorrosion lining
GLASFLAKE® for anticorrosion lining is shaped like scales. Since alkali glass (C glass) is used, the glass itself has outstanding acid resistant. The flakes in layers provide a "barrier effect" on the coating and surface lining to extend their service life, prevent them from cracking and improve chemical resistance.
- Thickness, particle size and surface treatment method can be selected according to your construction method or location.
- Improved coating performance: Grade surface-treated with an appropriate silane coupling agent to further improve coating performance.
- Good for places where lining is difficult: Use of two-micron thickness type (RCF-2300) can reduce the film thickness, opening up an opportunity for locations where lining is difficult with the conventional five-micron thickness type.
- Improve gas permeability: Gas permeability can be reduced by adding GLASFLAKE® to resins and rubber due to its properties.
For information and contact about MICROGLAS GLASFLAKE®, please use our contact form.
*MICROGLAS® and GLASFLAKE® are registered trademarks of NSG Group.