- A global glass leader
- Sales of JPY 612,789 million in FY19
- Ownership/interests in 29 float lines worldwide
- Global Automotive customer base
- Leading player in lenses for multi-function printers
- Strong position in glass fiber products worldwide
- Around 27,000 permanent employees globally
- Sales in over 100 countries
The Group is one of the world's leading manufacturers of glass and glazing systems in three business areas: Architectural; Automotive; and Technical Glass.
Founded in 1918, NSG acquired the leading UK-based glass manufacturer Pilkington plc in June 2006. Today, the Company has combined sales of JPY 612 billion, sales in over 100 countries, employing some 27,000 people worldwide.
In FY 2019, Architectural accounted for 40 per cent of Group sales, Automotive 52 per cent, and Technical Glass 8 per cent.
The Group has major market shares in most building and automotive product markets of the world, with a broad geographic reach, enabling it to respond to customers whose Operations, particularly in the case of Automotive OE, are increasingly global.
Geographically, the Group's regional business weight accounts for almost one-third each in three regions: Europe, Asia including Japan, and North and South America.