The world's leading glass exhibition "Glasstec"
Glasstec is a massive international glass show held every two years in Dusseldorf, Germany. It is the world's leading glass industry trade fair and, in 2022, was held September 20-23. This year's exhibition had more than 900 exhibitors from 47 countries and over 30,000 visitors from 119 countries. It was the first Glasstec since 2018 and was widely considered a successful restart after the Covid pandemic. The show covered a content spectrum from education, promotion, and technology with the impact on a wide range of the glass, glazing, solar, processing, and manufacturing glass industries.
Our stand team at Glasstec
NSG Group presence at Glasstec
- NSG Group had a 100m2 exhibition stand, designed as a meeting point.
- The focus was on communication with the markets to generate solutions to challenges, answer customer enquiries, and discuss ideas that can provide input to innovations that the Company are working on.
- Products on display were mostly value-added: Pilkington AviSafe™, Pilkington Sunplus™ BIPV, Pilkington Optiwhite™, Pilkington Mirropane™ Chrome Plus Colour.
Our management team interviewed at Glasstec
This year's key product areas
- Pilkington AviSafe™ - a UV-enhanced pattern coating that is extremely effective at preventing bird collisions with buildings. This product works as advertised, helps the environment, and is meeting the performance requirements demanded from bird advocates while still meeting the energy, performance, and aesthetic needs that architects have come to expect of the Pilkington and NSG Group brands.
- SenseComfort - The Smart Window by NSG Group. The Smart Window is an insulating glass unit with a special sensor developed by PHYSEE. The sensor measures the incoming light intensity and solar radiation. This information allows for continuous monitoring that the impact of the outdoor climate has on the indoor environment. This is essential in optimizing smart buildings so that they use as much light and heat from natural sources for a more sustainable, comfortable, and healthy working environment.
- HeatComfort solution powered by NSG TEC™. HeatComfort is a range of products using The NSG Group technology of electrically conductive coatings to redefine the concept of comfort. By applying a voltage to the NSG TEC™ coating, the glass heats up, so when incorporated into an insulating glass unit, the heat flow can be directed into the living space.
- Pilkington Sunplus™ BIPV window and a PV spandrel solution that allows a building to generate energy as an environmentally friendly and aesthetically pleasing alternative to traditional energy sources.
NSG display did not disappoint and had an impressive booth showcasing our global capabilities with over a dozen of our global team members to support the activities.
Our Presentation at Glasstec
In addition to the exhibition stand and marketing materials, NSG also had several speakers at the event. Climate Change Director David Cast and Dr. Kevin Sanderson, Global Portfolio Manager On- and Off-line Coatings, and R&D Director North America, spoke about the Group's decarbonization efforts and how our products impact energy and carbon usage.
This highlights both our commitment to becoming a more sustainable Company as well as the clear value propositions we create in the market space with the use of our products. Glass is energy intensive to produce but has some clear benefits as it is a key design component for multiple renewable energy products and can dramatically help minimize energy usage in buildings. The benefits are an order of magnitude larger than the use of our products, so explaining the holistic impact we have while we strive to improve is extremely important.
Dr. Kevin Sanderson (left) and David Cast (right) presented at Glasstec.
For many years NSG Group has been looked to as a leader in innovation, technology and glass manufacturing. We will continue to lead the world in glass technology and products.