1) Health Management
The NSG Group think "People are our most important asset", and health promotion is indispensable for employees to maximize their individual abilities, and it leads to the sustainable improvement of the company's value. In January 2020, we made a "Health Management Declaration" in Japan.
"Health Management Declaration"
In order to improve the sustainable value of the Group and contribute to society, we believe that the health of employees and their families is the foundation.
Since its establishment in 1918, Sumitomo's philosophy of "People are our most important asset" has been valued, and "Respect others and unleash their potential" has been set as the first core value in the current corporate principles "Our Vision".
Based on the idea, the Group is working on promoting the health of each and every employee and advancing the health management so that employees can maximize their abilities.
January 1st, 2020
Nippon Sheet Glass Co., Ltd.
President and CEO
The General Manager of the Sustainability Department is responsible for promoting health management, and discussions on this matter will be held at a meeting of the executive officers involved in Japan.
- Improvement of health literacy (health awareness) and promotion of health among employees and their families, health education and seminars, health promotion programs, and dissemination of health-related information.
- Health checkups and measures against lifestyle-related diseases, regular health checkups, specific health guidance, metabolic syndrome prevention, measures against passive smoking.
- Mental health measures, stress checks, counselling.
- Work style reform, optimization of working hours, promotion of paid leave, support for childcare and nursing care, flexible work styles (telework).
* "Health Management" is a registered trademark of the NPO Kenko Kanri Kenkyukai.
We have been working on health education and seminars to improve health literacy (awareness of health) and promote health of employees and their families, periodic health check-ups, specific health guidance, stress check and work styles reforms including curbing long working hours, promoting paid leave, childcare / long-term care support and flexible working style. We have been recognized as Certified Health and Productivity Management Organization since 2019. The NSG Group is working to improve the environment for realizing diverse working styles in the “new normal” based on the demands of society and the guidelines of the government. We are reviewing the way organizations and individuals should be and aim to shift to a new work style that maximizes productivity and performance under infection control measures.
2) Stress Check Program
Stress Check Program has been conducted in Japan since 2016. While the Group results are available, we provide feedback to each organization since employees' stress levels actually vary by organization and job description, in order to improve employees' stress at work.
This program also measures employees' satisfaction (engagement) with their jobs and the company, in terms of their wellbeing (physical, mental, and social wellbeing). Furthermore, at the Tsu site in Japan, the company pays a portion of the costs to support employees in quitting smoking through the use of nicotine patches.
We will reflect on these results to make the company more attractive and rewarding to work for.
3) Improving Working Environment
The NSG Group is working to improve the environment for realizing diverse working styles in the "new normal" based on the demands of society and the guidelines of the government. We are reviewing the way organizations and individuals should be and aim to shift to a new work style that maximizes productivity and performance under infection control measures.
• Work style that is not bound by place and time
- Expansion of remote work
- Introduction of flexible time without core time
• Business management focusing on an importance of communication
- Promoting meetings online
- Improvement of management of subordinates (introduction of regular check in)
- Support managers for remote team management and communication
- Setting up a remote counter for health consultations, etc.
• Improvement of IT environment for working from home